For the past month, I’ve been researching benefits of green tea on our skin and here’s what I found. To sum it all up, green tea provides great benefits for your skin as an acne fighting ingredient. It can also help with anti-aging and, my personal favourite, it help can detoxify your skin AND body. That being said, I decided to create a DIY green tea skincare scrub. Though, the more I tried the scrub, the more I realize that it can be used as a mask as well! Isn’t that a great bargain? 1 mixture for 2 uses?!
For this DIY green tea scrub ‘n mask, you only need 3 ingredients:
- green tea bag (fresh, not brewed)
- raw honey
Here’s how I made it:
- I added about 1 teaspoon of green tea in a mortar and pestle; cut the tea bag to scoop out the dried green tea leaves
- Grind the dried green tea leave to make them less course; we want to exfoliate our skin not scratch it
- Add 1 teaspoon of honey in the mortar and pestle
- Take ¼ of an avocado and scoop out the meat using a spoon then put it in the mortar and pestle with the green tea leaves and honey
- Using the pestle, mix all of the ingredients together
- Once you’re done mixing the ingredients, wash your face and hands before applying the mixture on your face
- Gently massage the mixture on your face for about 2-3 minutes, and make sure that the mixture is evenly distributed your entire face
- Then leave the mixture on (like a regular mask) for about 10-12 minutes; you can leave it for longer, that’s totally up to you
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and gently remove the mixture
- Dry your face with a face towel by softly patting the towel on your face and your done!
I use this scrub ‘n mask once a week to help me detoxify my face after a long work week. The avocado and honey are also helpful to keeping the face moisturized. It’s an easy, affordable and all natural DIY skincare treatment I’ll definitely keep using, especially with the weather getting dryer and hotter. Give it a try and let us know what you think by leaving a comment below! 🙂
P.S. I wanted to share with you some resources about the benefits of green tea in case you wanted to do your own research about it.
- 9 Amazing benefits of Tea via the Huffington Post
- The (surprising!) beauty benefits of green tea via the Beauty Gypsy
- The Overall Benefits of Green Tea: Cleanse, Detox and Prevent via the Flaming Vegan
- What green tea can and cannot do for your skin