With Christmas next week, I wanted to share some holiday hacks with you guys to help prep the meal we all think about all year round. From sweet to savoury and basics to putting together a charcuterie platter, I got you covered!
To start, here’s my super simple Candy Cane Mousse.
– candy canes
– whipping cream
– ¼ tsp. peppermint extract (optional)
- Break the candy canes into smaller pieces then put them in a brown paper bag or a disposable sandwish bag (this will make clean up a lot easier!)
- Using a mallet or a rolling pin, crush your candy canes into even smaller pieces. It’s okay to leave some of the candy cane in smaller chunks (it adds a little bit of crunch to the mousse inside)
- In a bowl, pour 2 cups of whipping cream (you can increase or decrease the amount depending on how much you want to make)
- You can use a stand mixer, hand mixer or you can whip them with your brute muscle force (ya!)
- (Optional) Add the peppermint extract in the whipping cream before starting to whip the cream
- Once the whipping cream is stiff, fold in the crushed candy canes into the whipping cream (use a spatula to fold the whipped cream)
- Transfer the mixture in individual containers or you can put it in one and chill it in your fridge overnight
I love making different kinds of mousse. Dark chocolate, white chocolate or even avocado for a more exotic taste. A super easy dessert you can make ahead of time! Give it a try and let me know what you think.